Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear Nana,

The good news is that my conjunctivitis is all cleared up.  The  bad news is that the Cougs lost their game on Saturday.  Daddy and I kind of expected a loss, but it is still too bad.

Today we had a usual Sunday.  We went to church and I slept through all of Sacrament meeting. There's just something about the hymns that puts me right to sleep.  Mom had to teach Relief Society so I got to go to Elder's quorum with Daddy.  I only lasted about 10 minutes before I got really bored and tired.  So then we had to spend the rest of the meeting in the hallway, which I was much happier with.

But guess what we did after church, Nana?  We took a family nap!  All four of us  (Mom, Dad, Baxter and me) in the same bed!  I loved it so much.  I was so cozy that I slept for a good hour and a half.  Mom says we're going to try to make this a Sunday ritual so we can all get caught up on our sleep.  Don't you just love a good Sunday nap?

This evening we tried to go pick blackberries, but we didn't have ANY luck.  The spot we usually go to pick had been treated with some sort of weed killer.  Mom was pretty sad.  She was hoping to have a cobbler.  I, on the other hand, eat the same thing for every meal so I wasn't too upset.  Do they have blackberries in Thailand?  Do they have other fruits and vegetables that I might like?






1 comment:

  1. Dear Austin,

    I love a good nap on Sunday and usually I take it from 1-3pm. I would love to have had you to cuddle with you are nice and warm.

    Too bad about the football game, I know it can be kind of upsetting but on the bright side of things, there is another game soon.

    Austin, you would love the fruit here, maybe by the time you come you will be old enough to try the sweet yellow mangos - oh my it is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. We eat about 4 mangos every other day, the sticky rice is good too.

    I was a little sad today, I just feel so far away from you and your mom. I had to go running to get my head back together - but the tears came anyway, but after runnning I felt like I could do it again. I can't really complain - I am so blessed to have a healthy, loveable and adorable grandson. I am blessed and I am grateful. Remember that Nana loves you!

    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete