Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dear Nana,

Tonight was an eventful night.  Like I mentioned earlier, Mom and Daddy had a wedding to go to this evening.  Aunt Kalen agreed to babysit me while they went.  Mom (and probably Aunt Kalen, too) was a little nervous about this, but Mema and Grandpa Forsberg are on a vacation in Hawaii.  Mom was mostly nervous because she thought I would stress Aunt Kalen out, not that Aunt Kalen couldn't do a good job.  So, she fed me and put me to sleep before they left.  And guess what...a half an hour later I woke up screaming.  Absolutely screaming.

Aunt Kalen tried everything to calm me down.  She held me, changed me, swaddled me, unswaddled me, rocked me.  Finally she decided to warm up some milk, but she couldn't find the bottle that we leave at Mema's house.  And all the while, I was screaming my head off.  It wasn't long before Aunt Kalen started crying too.  That's when she called Daddy.  And, in less than 10 minutes, Mom and Daddy were home again.

Mom found the bottle and fed me.  I don't think I was really hungry, but the bottle helped calm me down.  I felt much better with Mom holding me and softing me.  She's really good at softing.  And, in just a matter of minutes, I forgot what I had been brutally screaming about.

After I finished my bottle I pooped some nasty green stuff, so Mom thinks I probably had a bit of an upset stomach, which woke me up from my nap early and caused all the screaming.  I forgave Aunt Kalen and (more importantly) she forgave me.  And I was happy as a clam.

Mom wasn't too disappointed that they had to come home early.  The ceremony was already over.  She was mostly sad that she missed out on the cake!







Just moments after my  MEGA meltdown.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Austin,

    You just tell your mom that she did the same thing and I always came to rescue, usually it was papa that I was rescuing - but she did love a good fit now and then. Forgiving is part of growing up - sometimes it is hard to do, but it is always the right thing to do!

    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete