Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dear Nana,

I haven't written you for a week!!  I've had so much to tell you, but we've been very busy and I wasn't near a computer for most of the week.  Daddy left on a business trip last Sunday and he doesn't get back until this afternoon.  Well, Mom knew that we were going to be just bored to death by ourselves all week.  So, we decided to go on a mini vacation!  We went to Aunt Maren's house in Pullman, Washington.  I was so excited to see my cousins Braden and Brody.  I was only one month old the last time I saw them! 

Mom was a little nervous about how I would do on the long drive.  We left early on Monday morning.  I spent the first hour looking around outside, but then I got very sleepy.  We stopped in Kennewick, Washington, and Mom fed me and took a potty break.  Then we finished the drive.  I slept for most of the last half, too. 

Mom forgot to get gas while we were taking our break.  When she remembered she just thought, "Oh well, we'll just get it in the next town."  But guess what, Nana?!?!  There were absolutely NO gas stations the rest of the way!  The gas light came on and the GPS said we still had at least 25 miles to go.  Mom was very nervous.  She said a little prayer and we did end up making it to the first gas station in Pullman.   Mom breathed a huge sigh of relief and said another prayer to thank Heavenly Father for watching over us.

Soon we got to Aunt Maren's and the party began!  I loved to watch Braden and Brody, and I really loved playing with their toys.  We spent lots of time outside enjoying the last of the warm weather.  We also did a little shopping (Mom scored some great deals at Old Navy for me -- 50% off the clearance price.  She got me lots of shorts for next year for $0.73!!), and we even went to story time at the library.  It was just so much fun!  Unfortunately, we had to drive back Thursday after lunch.  I was, again, a perfect angel on the drive back.  Mom says I tutored her the last hour, but after being in the car for 5 hours already I was just ready to be there! 

We spent yesterday taking care of a few errands and getting back into our routine.  Today we've mostly been counting down the hours until we go pick up Daddy.  I can't wait!  I've missed him so much!!

I miss you, too, Nana.  And I love you.






1 comment:

  1. Dear Austin,

    I am glad that ou were able to see your cousins. Family is so very important. I am glad Mom decided to take you there, she probably needed a break too.

    Austin, I hope one day soon to hold you and just tell you how much I love you instead of writing to you.

    I love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete