Dear Nana,
Happy First Day of Fall (for you...not for me until tomorrow)! Can you believe that summer is officially over? Mom says that fall is a beautiful time of year. I wouldn't know yet because this is my first one (of course!). I am glad it hasn't been so hot lately. When it's hot I just sweat and sweat!
Mom and I haven't done anything fun today. We spent all morning running errands, which I think is a big snore. Luckily, Mom makes a point to run errands when I'm tired so I usually just zonk out anyway. It's easier for both of us that way!
Mom had to trim my nails today, too. She says I have razor sharp claws! She has to trim them almost every week. Sometimes I cooperate with her, but today she nearly had to strap me down to get them trimmed!
I did get to help Mom make dinner (Hawaiian teriyaki sandwiches, which I will have for my midnight snack!), and I even spent a few minutes in my exersaucer. And, Mom promised that we'd go for a walk as a family tonight. So, all in all, it'll turn out to be a pretty good day.
What did you do today, Nana?


Dear Austin,
ReplyDeleteLast night I printed pictures of you off on the computer, I can't seem to find photo paper yet and I forget to take my memory stick with me when I go out. So I just copied them on paper cu them out and stuck them on the refrigerator! When Papa came home he took one look at the fridge and started laughing. I talk to you while I am cooking or if I just walk by I might give you a little smooch (that is if no one is looking, because that would be weird if your Nana was kissing a piece of paper. LOL)
Today Aunt Laura and I went to our study class, it was most interesting. We learned about Hindu’s and what they believe. We have a family in our ward from Sri Lanka, a small country off of India. They joined the church a little while ago and are refugees here in Thailand. They have a pretty sad story but all is good now because they found the gospel. You are so lucky to have been born into a family that is rich in the gospel and a family that loves you so very much.
I am now making bread. When you are older you can come and help me. We will make bread, sticky buns and lots of good stuff. I can’t wait to hold you. When I was a young mom, my arms didn’t really hurt to hold a baby – but they sure hurt now. I miss you so very much. ( Mom and Daddy to – but they are part of the package deal.)
Love, Nana