Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dear Nana,

It's been a rough couple of days for us.  I know I said before that Mom thought I was going through a  growth spurt, but now she REALLY thinks I am.  The last few days I've been eating like a monster at least every two hours (even at night time) and I've been incredibly tired, but very unwilling to sleep.  Luckily, I think the worst of it is over.  I had a more normal night of sleep last night (and Mom showered me with kisses in the morning because she was able to get four-hour stretch of sleep!). 

We've just been doing the usual things around here.  I don't think Mom and I have left the house since Monday....except to take Baxter out.  It's been rainy here anyway.  There is something I do everyday, though, that I absolutely love....cooking with Mom!

Every once in a while when Mom makes dinner I'm taking a nap.  But usually I'm wide awake and happy.  Mom puts me in my bouncy seat on the counter and I just watch her cook dinner.  I love it!  Mom talks to me the whole time.  I think she's trying to teach me what she is doing.  I just smile and talk back to her.  It's one of my most favorite times of the day.




P.S. Here I am in my bouncy seat about a month ago.  See, I've grown!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Austin,

    I thought I told you in my last post to slow down on the growing! I know that you have no real control over it - but I want to relish this time while you are litte.

    I have a new helper her name is Lek,it means little in Thai. She is wonderful and I am going to see a lot of Thailand because she is here helping me.

    I have a bad cold right now, a really nasty cough and I am in bed taking the day off - I wish you were here to snuggle with. It is amazing how much I love you with each passing day. I pray for your mom and dad, I love them too. You are one lucky guy to have them as parents.

    Get some sleep. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete